Greetings and Thanks for Visiting.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

TARDIS Tuesday: Introduction

So how was your Doctor Who 50th Anniversary experience this past Saturday? I hope to it was everything you expected it to be and much more. It was like gasoline to the fire that is my passion for everything Doctor Who. 

Last week, I commemorated the Anniversary by dedicating a post everyday leading up to Saturday's premiere of "The Day of the Doctor." My review for that brilliant episode is forthcoming and I hope to have it out by the Blu-ray release later this year. For now, I DVR'ed the episode and I've been watching it over and over, basking in its awesomeness. I really want to do the episode justice so I am taking my time to gather my thoughts and to get my words right. 


But, with the 50th Anniversary episode behind us, we will be returning to our usual content and if you've been following for a while now, you've witness the evolution said content has taken over the years. Most recently, I've been trying to direct my post towards attractions and things-to-do in Georgia and the Metro Atlanta area. This helped satisfy the first part of my content-refocusing plan I laid out back in January. I'm still working on integrating more Pinterest and life-hack related posts, so stay tuned.

However, just because the 50th Anniversary is officially over, that doesn't mean the celebration has to end. The title of this blog is, after all, Wibbly-wobbly, Timey-wimey Stuff.

At this time, I would like to introduce a new weekly segment I like to call "TARDIS Tuesday"!



In this segment, I plan to extend the celebration into the next year by reviewing classic episodes of Doctor Who. The plan is to watch each of the classic series Season One episodes on the 50th Anniversary of their original air-dates and then to publish a review the following Tuesday. I watched the first episode this past Saturday after watching the "The Day of the Doctor" premiere and you should see my review go live later today. That episode, which is called "An Unearthly Child," first aired in the UK on Saturday, November 23, 1963.

I've been planning "TARDIS Tuesday" for a while now. I'm sure the plans will evolve and change, especially regarding how it is formatted. I'm not sure if that means it will eventually be or include a video post or not. Nor I am certain whether I will limit myself to just the episode or if I will touch upon the extras included in the DVD releases. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do when I get to the "Marco Polo" serial as those episode remain lost due to BBC's junking policy. I'm not even sure if I'm going to review each episode individually or if I will eventually move toward reviewing only significant episodes or just serials as a whole. I'm sure we'll figure it out together. But for now, here's what I know:

  • Reviews will be posted on Tuesdays
  • I will start with Season One, Episode One "The Unearthly Child"
  • I will review each episode of that first four-episode serial (collectively known as "The Unearthly Child") individually then see where to go from there
I will only watch one episode a week and only on the 50th Anniversary of its Saturday premiere. I will allow myself to re-watch a previous episode but I will not be skipping ahead. I want to experience the weekly anticipation and the excitement of watching each episode as if they are being aired for the first time. I hope you join me on my little journey. Feel free to watch the episodes along with me if you own a copy. If you don't own them, the DVDs can be found on Amazon and on the Best Buy and Barnes & Noble websites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment