Greetings and Thanks for Visiting.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lawrenceville Trolley Ghost Tour

Madame Macabre doing her think.
What: Lawrenceville Ghost Tours
Where: Historic Downtown Lawrenceville, Ga.
When: May-September: Fridays and Saturdays, 8:30 p.m.
then
Every Night in October: Sunday-Thursdays, 7:30 p.m. and 8:00 and Fridays and Saturdays, 7:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.
Website: www.scarystoll.com
Cost: Varies Depending on Tour Day and Time, See Website; Free parking downtown


***Special Engagement Times and Prices for Trolley Tour - See Website***


Last year Brooke and I went on the Lawrenceville Ghost Tours. This ghost tour, which was created and is run by the Aurora Theater in partnership with the Lawrenceville Tourism and Trade Association, offers both a walking tour of Historic Downtown Lawrenceville and a trolley tour that takes you around town as well as for a walk though Historic Lawrenceville Cemetery[1][2]. Having missed the last trolley tour slot last year, we ended up doing only the walking tour. (You can read my review of the walking tour here.) But we decided then to make it a point of going on the trolley this year. So last Friday, we decided to make a date night of it.

So, was it worth the $25 per person?



Yes and no. Our experience this year was a mixed bag. The tour itself was great—don't get me wrong. The trolley stories were the same as walking tour and if you read my review from last year, then you know I think that the storytelling is topnotch and the stories are some of the best I've heard since Brooke and I started going on ghost tours. An added bonus for us was that Madame Macabre was once again our tour guide. The main differences are that you are riding around town on Annabel the tour trolley rather than walking and the take you to the cemetery.

There were no new or different stories, much to our disappointment. In fact some of the stories seemed to be told at a faster pace, most likely to match the speed of the trolley and I certain there was a story or two from the walking tour last year that were omitted. But I felt that Madame Macabre and our driver "Slim" had great chemistry and their playful interactions added a new dynamic to the tour. It was also nice to see some of the same locales from last year from different sides angles. Also some of the stories were told in the cemetery at the graves of some of the protagonists which I thought gave the story a some dimension. You can probably hang out in the cemetery during daylight hours on your own but there is something to be said about walking around a cemetery in the dark listening to scary stories and being encourage to use cameras and video recording devices to see if you can pick up ghost orbs and EVP (electronic voice phenomena). I'll let you decide.

Bottom line: if you go on one, whether the walking tour or on the trolley, you aren't really missing much of anything by doing the other. The trolley stopped to let us visit the historic jail. Unfortunately one of the other tour groups left the jail locked so we didn't get to go inside, but Brooke and I got to go inside on last year's tour so she and I, in particular, didn't really lost out on anything. I will say that had we done the trolley first last year then went on the walking tour this year, the walking tour would have been more disappointing. In my opinion, if you are healthy enough to walk, you should take the walking tour. It is cheaper and better for your health not to mention, the tours are fair identical. Save the trolley for the less ambulatory patrons.

On a side note: I mentioned in my post on HOWLpharetta earlier this week, all the rain this year have made some of the grave shift and sink. Well, I fell into one such grave. Nothing dramatic. We were gathered around a grave and when I stepped back I felt my footfall land awkwardly about four inches lower than the ground in front of me. As I tried to catch myself my other foot followed its pair. I froze in place I as stood should, feet length apart, my toes and the side of my feet pressing up against the corners and walls of a hole that match the distinct shape and width of a coffin. I was standing inside of a grave on top of someones foot!

Welp! Good Night!



No comments:

Post a Comment